What a day we had! More then 350 people came to see the gardens at the first Open Gardens in 12 years. The sun shone, the gardens looked wonderful, the cakes were delicous, many Pimms were drunk, and everyone was smiling.
We raised £2,880, which is being shared equally between the St Peter’s Church rebuilding project and The Rosemary Foundation, a local hospice at home service based in Petersfield which covers our area.
There are so many people to thank for making the day go so well. They include:
- the brave owners for agreeing to open their gardens and for working so hard in them despite all that the weather could throw at them this Spring;
- Norma Day and her team of helpers for decorating the Hall so beautifully and for serving the teas;
- the bakers for making such an array of cakes;
- everyone who helped on the day directing traffic, organising the parking, and selling garden and raffle tickets;
- the Parish Council for letting us use the Little Rec for parking on; and
- the team who organised the event.
Alison Wood, Friends of St Peter’s
Jill Shakespeare, Ropley Horticultural Society